Friday, May 2, 2008

El coque es mexicana mejor

This was my trip to Mexico. I loved waking up in the morning and drawing back the big curtain to my patio to see palm trees, but what was particularly breathtaking was the sound. Lying in my bed I felt as if I could hear the sun beat down on the clear sparkling water. Hearing beauty is sometimes better than seeing it. Have you ever heard a sparkle? It sounds like this:

The tourist attraction centers were very ritzy but being in the heart of Mexico made my heart so sad. Wild dogs roamed free and children slept in the street with no blankets. Most grocery stores had a little less food than a 7-11 and offered tasty treats such as this:

My favorite moment was watching a movie on the beach. Shopping was also fun, especially bargaining. I would set a price and when the seller wouldn't come down I would walk away and it was entertaining to see the sellers run after me. I bought my first family heirloom in Mexico. It's a pretty turquoise necklace that I will one day give to my first born baby girl.


I did myself a disfavor when I came home. Do I dare say it? I went to Taco Bell. My friends in Exhibit A would be disappointed by this decision. My stomach didn't hurt after consumption and the coke was lacking real sugar. Needless to say, I longed for Mexico!

EXHIBIT A

0 comments: